[GRASS-user] importing an e00 file grass6.2

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 12:18:18 EST 2009

Hello grass user community,

I am trying to import an e00 file into grass6.2.2.  In older versions of
grass, I was able to use m.in.e00,  which is no longer available with grass6
versions.  I see that I should be able to use v.in.e00 with grass6.2.2.
However, I get the following error:

command used: v.in.e00 file=ms02714.e00 type=area

An error may appear next which will be ignored...
E00 Compressed ASCII found.  Will uncompress first...
...converted to Arc Coverage in current directory
Importing areas...

Cannot open data source: ms02714
An error occurred.  Stop.

Any advice about another way to import or any pre processing on this would
be appreciated.
thanx,
Janet