[GRASS-user] Determine surface areas

Nikolaus Arnold ich at the-masterplan.net
Fri Mar 6 13:04:40 EST 2009

Finally got it.

Import map:
v.in.dxf

created areas:
v.type input=map1 output=map2 type=line,boundary
v.clean input=map2 output=map3 tool=snap thresh=0.0001
v.centroids input=map3 output=map4 option=add

checked with v.digit (strangely v.centroids always categorized in the same
way, but in the outer ring it mixed up two areas, but that was easily
corrected by manually changing those two categories)

v.to.rast use=cat

masked with rastermap - watercellvalue

r.report

thanks a lot