[GRASS-user] reclass problem

ambrish dhaka ambijat at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 10 05:59:41 EDT 2009

Hi! all,
I wish to classify the landuse from the landsat data of 1989. I created a 531 (rgb) composite and the features were quite noticeable. The relcassification part I tried to use pixel value for creating classes for eg 9320 thru 10367 = 1 semiurban etc.
The problem is that there are other types of areas such as uncultivated fields that also get classed into areas such as semiurban. How to deal with this.
And also is there any method to create polygon out of textures. The urban areas are quite noticeable by their texture or arrangement of pixel values. Is there any floating window formula that can use std dev to create such surfaces, I am not sure.

Hope to get some help!
Thanks,
Ambrish