[GRASS-user] Some question about r.in.xyz and r.surf.idw

Alberto Pettazzi alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es
Tue Mar 10 03:31:59 EDT 2009

Hi John,

I had the same problem. As Hamish told me some weeks ago,

"r.surf.idw and r.surf.idw2 only produce CELL (integer) maps."

I solved my problem multiplying the input raster by 100 (r_bio in your case), then I interpolated with r.surf.idw and finally divided once again by 100.

Hope this may help you

Alberto Pettazzi

MeteoGalicia - Departamento de Climatología y Observación

Consellería de Medio Ambiente e Desenvolvemento Sostible

Rúa de Roma, 6

15707 Santiago de Compostela. A Coruña

Teléfono: +34-881-999646

e-mail: alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es