[GRASS-user] How to import a tif?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Mar 27 02:54:07 EDT 2009

apachemaven:
> My current location is spanish(the example data),and now I want to
> import a tif into the workplace,but after import,the raster map is
> blank...

You probably have to set the region extent. Something like:
g.region rast=temp.1 -p

> also I got six raster raster map temp.1 temp.2 and ...temp.6

That's because multi-dimensional datasets are split once imported in
GRASS' database. You can view/process each "band" separately. If you
need to use a module which requires the data to be grouped, you have to
use "i.group" to... well, group the "bands".

Kind regards, Nikos
P.S. Please structure a bit your posts so it's easy to read :-)