[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] call for volunteers - urgent need for Windows Vista binaries

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Mar 27 05:27:20 EDT 2009

On 27/03/09 07:18, Michael Barton wrote:
> Also, while the osteo4w installer is nice for individual installs, it is
> problematic for institutional lab installs, where IT managers want to
> have stand alone apps that they can test, install, and remove rather
> than a suite of apps in a package installer format. It's the same
> problem I've face with the Cygwin version when trying to use GRASS in
> university classroom labs. It would help to have the option to install a
> package as stand alone.

Creating such standalone packages should not be too hard using osgeo4w
as a starting point. See

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/FAQ#HowdoIperformanofflineorcomputerlabinstall
("How do I perform an offline or computer lab install?")

and the blog referenced there:
http://blog.qgis.org/node/124

Moritz