[GRASS-user] create a workplace (location mapset etc)_

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:13:29 EDT 2009

hi.
you can make the raster (and vector) data accessable via UMN MapServer
directly, without any export need. UMN MapServer can read the data (via
gdal/ogr) and display the via WMS.

There is also another project, called pywms, which provides automatic
WMS Service based on GRASS Database. The Capabilities document for WMS
is created from GRASS Database on-the-fly, as well as maps.

So, only r.in.gdal would be need, r.out.gdal is actually no necessary.

Jachym

[1] http://mapserver.org/
[2] http://pywms.wald.intevation.org