[GRASS-user] v.patch and v.clean: how to preserve atribute table

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Mar 31 15:33:41 EDT 2009

Hi

problem seems to be very simple;

I have several (over thousand) vectors of polygons with attribute tables
(every vector has one polygon). I must join them in one vector file so I
do it with followning comands.

patchw=`g.mlist type=vect pattern=a_?? separator=,`
v.patch input=$patchw output=b_2 --overwrite

And I recive patched vector. Unfortunately polygons have shared
boundaries so I use v.clean to remove duplicated boundaries:
v.clean input=b_2 at rzeki output=b2 type=boundary tool=rmdupl --overwrite

And I have cleaned polygons but I loose attribute table. More over every
polygon has category 1

So it seems proposed procedre is wrong.
Any suggestion how to join these bundle of polygons into one vector and
preserve its attributies?

Jarek