[GRASS-user] v.whar.vect does not respond

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 4 20:17:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 01:13 +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Nikos:
> > > Since last update of grass6_devel (a few days back) v.what.vect does not
> > > "work" anymore!?
> > > It starts counting some percentages and then... that was it. It just
> > > stays there...

[...]

> Currently I am watching the same process ran via strace! It throws out
> numerous lseek/lread messages. I'll give it some time but something is
> wrong because it takes too much time.

I was wrong about v.what.vect not working. Via strace I was ensured that
something is going-on and I have to wait. Finally the process completed
successfully. But I wonder why it took so much more than last time.

Anyhow, sorry for the noise and thanks for the feedback. I learned about
strace this time :-)

Cheers, Nikos