[GRASS-user] Export DXF with Z-axis (elevation) data (...bathymetry)

Enrico Graziani mrenrich84 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:52:07 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I've to convert a file shape to a .dxf
This shape (that contain some bathymetry data we have to work on) is in 2D linked to a table with a column called "elevation".
I've been able to create a 3D vector map in Grass with v.extrude (but I've also been told to use v.drape) using that column for the Z-axis.

Now I would like to export this vector map in a .dxf
The conversione process reports no error but on AutoCAD MAP 3D 2008 the elevation parameter of every contour is equal to 0...

I've tried also this:
#!/bin/sh
# # # spearfish dataset
r.contour input=elevation.dem output=contours step=100 --overwrite
v.db.select contours
v.info contours | grep "Map is 3D"
# next is just for showing v.drape, vect map is already 3d
v.drape input=contours output=lines3D method=bilinear rast=elevation.dem --overwrite
v.out.dxf input=lines3D output=lines3D.dxf --overwrite
v.in.dxf input=lines3D.dxf output=linesFromDxf --overwrite
v.info linesFromDxf | grep "Map is 3D"

The results of this opened in QCAD v 2.0.5.0 Community Edition has no objects (!) while on acad contours are showed but elevation value is equal to 0.

Any help, please?