[GRASS-user] How to find shortest distances from the investigation point to the shoreline

sgw00412 at nifty.com sgw00412 at nifty.com
Fri May 8 06:08:27 EDT 2009

Dear all

I am a beginner of grass gis.

I want to find the shortest distances from the investigation point to the shor
eline.

I have investigation point and the shoreline as vector data.
( Of course I can convert them into raster data, respectively )

I read online help of grass gis.

So, I found two commands called 'r.distance' or 'v.distance'.

However, I do not understand whether these commands are appropriate.

Please teach me a processing method.

----
Yasuo shimada: Japan weather association, tokyo office.