[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] QGIS & GRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 23:12:25 EDT 2009

Markus wrote:
> Find them here (That's *real* data):
> http://grass.osgeo.org/logs-bin/awstats.pl?config=grass.osgeo.org

(and that doesn't include mirrors [at least I use one often])

anyway I don't know how useful a comparison is, qgis is a much
more 'for the masses' tool than grass, so it would be natural
for there to be many more users there. the interesting question
in my mind is what is the market penetration in each's specific
niche? sure there is some overlap in what they do, but it is
far from an exact match.

some intersting bits that stick out from this month's log:

crawl.yahoo.net is using tons of bandwidth

this month "non-viewed" traffic is 120gb so far, viewed is 45gb.
wtf?

top 10 URLs of note:  (versus effort going into them)
 #4 /grass64/binary/mswindows/native/
 #7 /wiki/GRASS_6_Tutorial

http errors:
  503 - Server busy  64.3 %
  404 - Document Not Found  12.1 %

I'm surprised anything beats 404, ... hmmph

Hamish