[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] QGIS & GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 9 03:18:03 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http errors:
>  503 - Server busy  64.3 %
>  404 - Document Not Found  12.1 %
>
> I'm surprised anything beats 404, ... hmmph

It is caused by connection throttling setup in
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/216
kicking in because the page generates too many connections.

We currently have in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

# grant more to GRASS to not block screenshot pages:
<Directory "/osgeo/grass/grass-web-public">
  Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
  MaxConnPerIP 15
  # exempting images from the connection limit is often a good
  # idea if your web page has lots of inline images, since these
  # pages often generate a flurry of concurrent image requests
  NoIPLimit images/* screenshots/*
</Directory>

Perhaps still too limiting in case of many images?
Yes, I don't like to have Server busy  64.3 %.

Markus