[GRASS-user] Re: grass cell registration format

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 22:13:57 EDT 2009

Seb wrote:
> I've experienced this problem with GDAL in the past.
> gdalinfo has been segfaulting with all (new format)
> GMT grids in my Debian sid AMD64 system for more than
> a year.  I've also seen the problem with GDAL and
> other netCDF files, but I haven't been able to properly
> track this down. There's nothing wrong with the GMT grids,
> and grdinfo doesn't report anything weird, and they also
> plot fine.  r.in.gdal also segfaults, reinforcing my feeling
> this is related to GDAL (or its Debian packages).
> I'd be interested to know whether you're able to import
> (new format) GMT grids to GRASS with r.in.gdal, especially
> if you're in Debian.

(this is probably a matter better answered by the DebianGIS
mailing list,  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis)

Any chance of a gdb backtrace of the segfault?
  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Bugs

check versions with "ldd `which gdalinfo`"

#what does this say?
$ dpkg -l | grep gdal | grep '^ii'
$ dpkg -l | grep netcdf | grep '^ii'

happy Debian user,