[GRASS-user] Exporting 3bands at same IMG our TIF.

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 02:56:44 EDT 2009

Milton Cezar Ribeiro wrote:
> I have three image bands - each one as one raster on
> grass - and I need to export it as TIF or IMG, but on the same
> file, and as band be a channel (r, g or b) on the output file.
>
> I can export each band alone, as independent tiff using r.out.gdal,
> but I can't export more than one band on the same file.

from the (6.4) r.out.gdal help page:

"r.out.gdal also supports the export of multiband rasters as a group, when the imagery group's name is entered as input. (created imagery groups with the i.group module)"

"EXAMPLES
Export R,G,B imagery bands in GeoTIFF format suitable for ESRI software:

i.group group=nc_landsat_rgb input=lsat7_2002_30,lsat7_2002_20,lsat7_2002_10
r.out.gdal in=nc_landsat_rgb out=nc_landsat_rgb.tif type=Byte createopt="PROFILE=GeoTIFF,INTERLEAVE=PIXEL,TFW=YES"
"

Hamish