[GRASS-user] working with vectors

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Fri May 15 06:23:43 EDT 2009

Hello folks,

I wonder, how you deal with vector-data. I am really not happy with it,
even with help from qgis. Do I have to go deep into PostGis (which does
not support topology, as far as I know) to make some more or less
advanced working steps like selecting areas, which intersect with
another, combine line vector layers and break on intersections, measure
length of lines even in an latlong projection...

Any hints for dealing with vector data in fossgis are welcome.

Ahoi,
achim

PS: I am using GRASS 6.4.0RC4 (2009) on OpenSuse11.1 64bit