[GRASS-user] [osgeo4w] Python error at Grass-wxPython startup (french)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 07:30:01 EDT 2009

Jeremy wrote:> I'm running GRASS 6.4.0svn-2 installed from OSGeo4W under
> Win XP SP3. Python 2.5 & 2.6 installed on the computer.

probably it is grabbing the wrong one/both at the same time. The next
OSGeo4W release should specifically use the python shipped with osgeo4w.
Previously it was just hardcoded to "python.exe" so it grabbed the first
one it found, which if you had multiple installed was not necessarily the
one the program was built with/for.

osgeo4w currently ships with python 2.5.2.

> The wxPython flavour of Grass doesn't start ; a python
> error shows (screenshot in french : (1))...
> (1) http://j.garniaux.free.fr/osgeo/screenshot_grass_wxpython.png

Hamish