[GRASS-user] Re: gridding ASCII xyz data using near neighbour technique

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 07:39:20 EDT 2009

Seb wrote:
> Yes, I just experimented with that and got some reasonable results.  But
> honestly, I don't understand what I'm doing with 'v.to.rast'.  What does
> it do to multiple values occurring in the same cell?

probably just takes the value of the last point to arrive. if you are
worried about that use r.in.xyz for greater control.

> How about values occurring between cells?

again, no idea, but as a complete guess if it is exactly on a grid line
it might go to the +north,+east cell.

you'd have to experiment with some artificial data to find out.

Hamish