[GRASS-user] r.series g.mlist unhappy together

saewan koh saewan at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:58:26 EDT 2009

Hi Markus,

On 20-May-09, at 1:48 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi Saewan,
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM, saewan koh <saewan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The last weird thing i just discovered is that when i use g.mlist
>> on its own
>>  - it will not run if i use quotations as in g.mlist rast
>> pat="SmrDDT0Tot*"
>
> What happens exactly?
When i run
g.mlist pattern="*1986*dd5s"
I get the following output.
g.mlist pattern="*1986*dd5s"
(Wed May 20 13:49:57 2009) Command finished (0 sec)

If i run g.mlist pattern=*1986*dd5s
I get the following output.
1986_4_12_4_18_dd5s
1986_4_19_4_25_dd5s
1986_4_26_5_2_dd5s
1986_4_5_4_11_dd5s
etc.

>> It does run if i use g.mlist rast pat=SmrDDT0Tot*
>> So i wonder if my issue is something in the way the script is
>> running within
>> the shell.
>
> At this point I wonder which shell you are using... what does
>
> echo $SHELL
> say?
In my terminal when for the above command i get the response of:

-bash: echo/bin/bash: No such file or directory

I am in the wrong shell?

I really really appreciate all this help.

Thanks,

Saewan