[GRASS-user] v.to.raster attribute table lost in coversion

Alyre alyre.chiasson at umoncton.ca
Mon May 25 15:29:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to covert a grass vector layer into a raster layer. The vector
layer has an attribute table with the following: (- = there are real values
in the table). Values are negative (below the surface)

id  cat x  y depth
1    1  -   -  -0.3
2    2  -   -  -0.5

I do get a resulting raster file after the transformation, the points are
there but no attribute table with the depth assigned to what I assume are
now grid points.  Here is the GRASS command that I used:

v.to.rast in=points_grass out=grass_point_rast3 use=attr col=depth

Why is there no attribute table created (Checked by importing the grass
raster into QGIS)?

Thanks

Alyre

GRASS 6.4