[GRASS-user] v.label.sa out of memory on small vector map.

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 27 00:58:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> I have just started playing with v.label.sa in GRASS 6.5-svn (last updated
> yesterday).
>
> I had success in getting it to process one fairly large map of US Forest Service
> trail data, but had it run out of memory on a similar map from the same source
> of road data.  Even trying to run it on a very small subset (40 lines) of the
> road data in my area of interest gets an out-of-memory error as the size of
> v.label.sa grows to more than 1GB.

Can you please use "valgrind" to check for a memory leak?

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Debugging#Using_Valgrind

CMD="v.label.sa map=usfs_roads2008 column=RTE_NO labels=roads2008 font=Vera"

valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --show-reachable=yes  $CMD --o

The result will be long - you may send it offlist to me and I'll
extract the relevant part for the list.

Markus