[GRASS-user] /usr/lib/grass/scripts/r.in.wms: line 439: /usr/lib/grass/etc/r.in.wms/r.in.gdalwarp: Argument list too long

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 02:58:25 EDT 2009

Hamish wrote:
> Download tiles instead for such a big job... then maybe use r.patch
> to combine them into 5x5 degree tiles. Processing should be much more
> accurate and faster too.

(I mean standard SRTM tiles, not precut WMS tiles)

> you can set up some wget, curl, lftp, httrack script to download them
> all for you. see the MODIS(?) grass wiki page for a hint.

actually it's the AVHRR page, not MODIS:
  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/AVHRR#Download

see also:
 http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/SRTM#Download

for already downloaded tiles you'd have to follow the rest of the
r.in.gdalwarp and r.in.wms script by hand. It's probably easier/faster
to try the {r.in.srtm or r.in.gdal}  + g.region rast=1,2,3,4 + r.patch
in=1,2,3,4 method.

Hamish