[GRASS-user] /usr/lib/grass/scripts/r.in.wms: line 439: /usr/lib/grass/etc/r.in.wms/r.in.gdalwarp: Argument list too long

Paulo 'Pmarc' Marcondes pmarc.debian at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:06:10 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:58 AM, Hamish <hamish_b  yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hamish wrote:
>> Download tiles instead for such a big job... then maybe use r.patch
>> to combine them into 5x5 degree tiles. Processing should be much more
>> accurate and faster too.

Well, download was already done when I cried for help =]

7 gigs....

>> you can set up some wget, curl, lftp, httrack script to download them
>> all for you. see the MODIS(?) grass wiki page for a hint.

> for already downloaded tiles you'd have to follow the rest of the
> r.in.gdalwarp and r.in.wms script by hand. It's probably easier/faster
> to try the {r.in.srtm or r.in.gdal}  + g.region rast=1,2,3,4 + r.patch
> in=1,2,3,4 method.

nice tip, thanks.

As for 64 bit, my processor is 64bit, but a 32 environment.
Most of the time I just do "desktop" stuff - i.e. youtube, email....
and was struggling with the system.

Also, I just have 2Gigs memory, so, not a big gain anyway.

--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -43.224 = GG87jc <= Corrected !