[GRASS-user] Vector layers > Photoshop

Aaron Bonding pdowney at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:06:53 EDT 2009

I'm more or less a noob to Grass and GIS (graphic designer by trade and a
mapophile by hobby), so please forgive my ignorance. I'm working in Grass
6.2.1 (OpenOSX via X11) if that helps.

I have a shaded raster DEM as a base and several simple vector layers. I can
easily export this raster as a TIFF, but I also need the vector layers
exported to a format that Photoshop can read. I've been largely unsuccessful
in converting the vector layers to raster with v.to.rast (then the raster to
TIFF). Is there a step I'm missing that would make this easier?

It seems like I need to convert to raster first so they will fit on top of
each other without much work in Photoshop, ie. each layer > TIFF, then just
have each TIFF as a layer.