[GRASS-user] Data Import and Coordinate Information

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 14 19:25:16 EST 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, M S wrote:

> That sounds similar to what I had to do with a custom Albers projection
> for Florida.  If I recall correctly, I was able to use the custom
> parameters from the E$RI definition, and make the same custom projection
> in GRASS to work with the data.

Mark,

   So, it may be related to using customized parameters. OK. I can live with
that.

   I plan on importing each theme into a different location/map set, then
creating a common one into which I will reproject/move/whatever each
individual theme. Then I should be able to remove all those directories.

   Step-by-step I make progress.

   BTW, in the late 1980's I was a Technical Program Manager for the St.
Johns River Water Management District. That's where I was first introduced
to GIS (ARC/Info running on the Prime system there).

Rich