SV: [GRASS-user] grid legend

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 22:43:46 EST 2009

Martin Album Ytre-Eide wrote:
> d.grid does not seem to accept color=none .

oh sorry. please file a wish. I'm quite busy now but will get back to it
eventually.

> I am sorry, but I was not able find the function ps.out.

hmmm, it is not listed on the wiki page.
The source code is held in the addons code repository and may(?) build
automatically with the g.extension module in grass 6.5+.

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/ps/

it's actually called ps.output. See the mailing list archives for
screenshots, it does what you want quite nicely.

> A solution could be to use d.graph together with
> d.region.box (thank you, I found it at wiki addons) . Then I
> will have to make shell-script  to generate the
> coordinates I want to use.

it could work, but isn't exactly a nice user friendly solution :)

> I just thought there was an easier solution, since it seems
> to be done by others (http://www.valledemexico.ambitiouslemon.com/gallery.html).

good luck,
Hamish