[GRASS-user] CYGWIN

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 17 06:03:39 EST 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Glynn Clements
> <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>> Markus Neteler wrote:
>>> Any better solution possible?
>>
>> Create a shortcut for the setup program and add -X to the command.
>> This saves having to type out the full path to setup.exe in the
>> command prompt.
>
> Ah, ok. I have added it to the explanations at
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin
>
> @Windows users:
> It needs to be revised. Ideally tested by a novice with comments
> to me/to the list... just tell us if it works and if it is clear like this.
> If not (likely), please suggest how to improve it.

we have made some tests here and updated the setup.ini file
plus the instructions.

Starting grass64/cygwin with -tcltk leads to

13 [main] g.gisenv 2100 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW
  78803 [main] g.gisenv 2100 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace
to g.gisenv.exe.stackdump

Subsequently the GUI isn't started (the tcltk startup screen comes up well).

Running on command line:
g.gisenv
returns the settings as it should.

Running on command line:
g.region -p
returns to command line without printing anything.

Perhaps there is a version conflict with the proj libraries?

Markus