[GRASS-user] Running v.in.ogr in screen

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 17 18:59:50 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>  I'm importing a soils theme from a .e00 file. This is one of three .e00
> files for the county soils, and it's been running for 4-1/4 hours importing
> 10,044 features.

(which GRASS version is that?)

>  I'd like to run the other two imports overnight using the screen program.
> Has someone done this before and is willing to share the command with me?

I use screen regularly, a cool tool:

Docs:
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/screen/
http://www.pixelbeat.org/docs/screen/

Usage:
- Just run 'screen' and you are set.
- To disconnect from the session press Control-A, Control-D.
- To list your screens type 'screen -ls'
- To reconnect with a disconnected screen run 'screen -r [number]'
   ('number' you need if you have several screens running.)

Markus