[GRASS-user] v.in.e00 vs. v.in.ogr -- ANSWERED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 17 20:07:02 EST 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Looking for the v.in.ogr man page I was reminded that there is a v.in.e00.
> Should I use the latter rather than the former?

   OK. Looks like I want v.in.e00 because the v.in.ogr man page explicitly
cites .shp and MapInfo files.

   As a suggestion, include the avce00 and e00compr libraries in the GRASS
distribution. Even though I can read the .e00 file, v.in.e00 reported that
it was compressed (!) but it's now happily munching on it.

Rich