[GRASS-user] v.in.e00 vs. v.in.ogr

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 17 20:12:28 EST 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Markus Neteler wrote:

> I'd suggest yet.

Markus,

   Yes, there's a great difference: speedier running v.in.e00.

> That's available here:
> http://avce00.maptools.org/avce00/

   Got both of them. The source comes up with the error message ... very
helpful!

> (in theory OGR should meanwhile support E00 but I am not 100% sure
> about polygons being correctly done - there was/is a ticket open).

   Well, v.in.e00 completed in a few minutes while v.in.ogr struggled for
more than 5 hours before I put it out of my misery.

   I recommend (as mentioned in another message) that avce00 and e00compr be
included in the GRASS code distribution since they are wanted by v.in.e00.

Many thanks,

Rich