[GRASS-user] Old GRASS GIS compilation

Firman Hadi jalmiburung at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 00:39:39 EST 2009

Dear all,

I am compiling GRASS 4.3 on Debian Woody.
My aim is to use r.le.dist function. I have tried to compile it but there
is one error that I can't solve. The error message is like below:

/home/firman/grass4.3src/src/libes/vask
 make -f OBJ/make.rules

rm -f OBJ/V_call.o
gcc   -I/home/firman/grass4.3src/src/include   -DUSE_TERMIO -c V_call.c
V_call.c: In function 'V_call':
V_call.c:355: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
V_call.c: At top level:
V_call.c:430: error: static declaration of 'fmt' follows non-static
declaration
V_call.c:171: error: previous implicit declaration of 'fmt' was here
V_call.c:449: error: static declaration of 'centered' follows non-static
declaration
V_call.c:234: error: previous implicit declaration of 'centered' was here
make: *** [OBJ/V_call.o] Error 1
GISGEN failure at STEP: src/libes/vask

By this email, I would like to ask help from anyone who have experience
installing GRASS 4.3.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Firman Hadi