[GRASS-user] Project Area from Larger Region

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 23 11:42:17 EST 2009

   I would appreciate points to create a defined subregion and apply one
raster layer and a few vector layers to that subregion. I don't see an
algorithm to do this in either the GRASS book or on the web site.

   When I tried to define the region using coordinates identified when
displaying one vector layer the values were rejected. In brief what I want
to do is:

   1) Identify the appropriate bounds that encompass the drainage basin in
which the project is located.

   2) Clip the larger regional DEM raster layer (probably using r.mask) to
copy the project area into the new location.

   2) Clip the vector layers (v.extract?) so they, too, can be copied into
the new projection location.

   3) Assign the relevant attribute SQLite data tables (db.connect) to this
new region's vector layers.

   After this I can start designing the model.

   Pointers to what I should read to accomplish this will be appreciated.

Rich