[GRASS-user] does the grass support windows 7

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Nov 24 05:03:19 EST 2009

Markus Neteler ha scritto:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> maven apache ha scritto:
>>> does the grass support windows 7 system?
>> We are finding that 7 is more or less the same as vista (marketing... ;) ): GRASS
>> used from QGIS plugin crashes at about the same commands as in vista.
>
> Did you compile it on Windows 7?

are you joking ;) ? No windows here - it's just the results of several courses we are
doing, always using the OSGeo4W installer.
maybe compiling for vista or 7 solves the problems, no idea - however, the fact that
the crashes are often the same in 7 and vista makes me think they are in fact the
same system.
All the best.