[GRASS-user] does the grass support windows 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 24 07:25:13 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Markus Neteler ha scritto:
>>> We are finding that 7 is more or less the same as vista (marketing... ;) ): GRASS
>>> used from QGIS plugin crashes at about the same commands as in vista.
>>
>> Did you compile it on Windows 7?
>
> are you joking ;) ?

Not really - I don't assume that a Vista-compiled winGRASS is
necessarily 100% compliant with Windows 7 despite whatsoever
marketing statement. But I get the point :)

> No windows here - it's just the results of several courses we are
> doing, always using the OSGeo4W installer.
> maybe compiling for vista or 7 solves the problems, no idea - however, the fact that
> the crashes are often the same in 7 and vista makes me think they are in fact the
> same system.

We have installed OSGeo4W-QGIS-GRASS here on XP today.
It delivered a version from May 2009 which is about 2000 SVN
revisions ago. Is there hope to get a fresh recompile from the
SVN 6.4 release branch? Or did we miss anything?

thanks
Markus