[GRASS-user] Reprojecting Vector Map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 25 09:36:33 EST 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Glynn Clements wrote:

> If you have lat/lon data and want to use LCC, you need to create two
> locations: one in lat/lon, one in LCC. Import the lat/lon data to the
> lat/lon location, switch to the LCC location, and re-project the data with
> v.proj or r.proj.

Glynn,

   I had been using v.proj, but discovered what appeared to be the problem:
same name for location, input file, and output file. When I changed the
source (LL) location to TIGER, the input file name to 'edges', the output
location to streetsLCC, and the output file to 'streets' it worked just
fine.

   g.region was used only to set the region from the included map, not to
reproject it.

Thanks,

Rich