[GRASS-user] v.to.rast Segmentation fault

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:03:58 EST 2009

Hi Giacomo,

are you by any chance running this command outside a GRASS session? If
grass is running, there is no need to give the full path, typing

v.to.rast help

in the terminal where grass is running is enough. Also, grass should
know where to look for libgrass_vect.so, no need to run ldconfig. If you
really want to use grass modules outside a standard grass session, see
the grass book [1], third edition, page 338, 9.3 Automated usage of GRASS.

Hope that helps,

Markus M

[1] http://www.grassbook.org/