[GRASS-user] r.horizon problems with large DEM

Joshua Campbell jcampbell.geo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:50:27 EST 2009

Markus,

Thanks for the input. I reviewed the r.sun page and unfortunately r.sun
doesn't provide the specific horizon angle provided by r.horizon. My goal is
not to compute solar irradiance.

I was able to run r.horizon on a subset that was ~4900x9900. The DEM I'm
trying to use in 30000x78000 (but is has quite a bit of null values).

Do you know if there is pixel dimension limit to r.horizon?

I am using the 64-bit package available through the Ubuntu site -- would it
make a difference if I built the code from source?

Do anyone know of a script that would iteratively set a region, compute
r.horizon (with a buffer), move the region, and r.patch the resulting
horizon files?
If anyone is interested in writing this script, we could discuss
compensation (contact directly at jcampbell.geo at gmail.com)

Thanks,
Josh

Joshua Campbell