[GRASS-user] r.in.mat problem

Stanislav Bek bks at centrum.cz
Sat Oct 3 11:21:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a problem using r.in.mat.
After saving the an array [275x484 double] in Matlab (save elev.mat elev -v4),
I use in GRASS: r.in.mat input=/media/disk/elev.mat output=elevmat --overwrite
I get this error:

"skipping unknown array 'elev'
ERROR: No 'map_data' array found in </media/disk/elev.mat>"

Ok, I would understand that a matlab struct is expected (the same as we can get from r.out.mat).
But saving of the struct is not supported in format Matlab 4 (-v4):

">> save bourkymat.mat bourky -v4
Warning: Variable 'bourky' of class 'struct'
cannot be saved to a MATLAB 4 MAT-file because of its class.
Skipping... "

How can I use the r.in.mat then?

Thank you for help.
Regards,