[GRASS-user] grass on snow leopard: slooow

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Oct 10 11:51:06 EDT 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 10:30 PM, grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jaime Carrera <jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] grass on snow leopard: slooow
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Hi list:
>
> I've just started to use GRASS on a Mac, specifically running Snow
> Leopard. However, the GUI response is extremely slow and whenever I
> resize the map window it freezes. I wonder it this is caused by the
> Tcl/Tk implementation on Mac. Is someone else having similar issues?
> i compiled it using different gcc versions and the response time
> doesn't improve.
>
> Jaime

It should not be running slow but you haven't provided enough
information to help you.

What kind of Mac (including processor and RAM)? How much HD space do
you have left? Where did you get GRASS? Are you using William
Kyngesburye's frameworks? What TclTk do you have?

You also might consider using the wxPython interface instead of TclTk.

Michael