[GRASS-user] How to convert from point to line ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 18:50:51 EDT 2009

If you search in the mailing list archives you'll find a script
I wrote for someone some months ago to do this. (that was for
animal tracks IIRC). Input format is always different, so it's
hard, but possible, to come up with an automatic solution.

as mentioned by others, the typical solution is to use v.in.ascii
format=standard. See also v.in.mapgen but that doesn't give
you the line numbers.

Hamish