[GRASS-user] display image (photo / jpeg) with PNG driver (i.e. add logo to map).

Tim Holland timothyholland at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 02:35:40 EDT 2009

Tim Holland wrote:

> What I have done is the following:
>>gdal_translate -of GTiff -a_ullr 101 16 103 14 -expand rgb
/usr/Documents/logo.tif logo.tif

> This proceeds, and generates the logo.tif group (you are right - it does
> import with separate bands: logo.red, logo.green, logo.blue).

Correction:

Sorry, I just realized I wrote something misleading in the above.
gdal_translate does not generate the image group - it generates a single
file 'logo.tif' in the root directory.  The individual rasters for the three
bands (logo.red, .green, .blue) are generated by r.in.gdal.

Tim