[GRASS-user] Krige surfaces in grass 6.4

kgb me at burlinson.id.au
Tue Sep 8 06:38:54 EDT 2009

Hi
I am unable to get any of the 3 krige routines I know of to work with grass 6.4.
Has anyone been able to perform krige interpolations in grass 6.4?

v.autokrige.py nearly works - but fails because it is apparently using the wrong method to
read the shell environment variables.

wxPython does not compile on my system and complains about missing classes - which I am
unable to resolve.

V.krige.py, although considered deprecated, nearly works, but requires gstat built with
grass support, and that requires libgis.a  But this has apparently disappeared since grass
6.0. Despite having an old libgis.a available, it fails to build cleanly - I suspect
because libgis.a is an ancient and mismatched version.

Can anyone suggest how to add krige functionality to grass 6.4 please?

Thanks
kingsley burlinson