[GRASS-user] Krige surfaces in grass 6.4

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 01:17:25 EDT 2009

kgb wrote:
> I am unable to get any of the 3 krige routines I know of to
> work with grass 6.4.
> Has anyone been able to perform krige interpolations in
> grass 6.4?
>
> v.autokrige.py nearly works - but fails because it is apparently using
> the wrong method to read the shell environment variables.

fixed in svn.

> wxPython does not compile on my system and complains about
> missing classes - which I am unable to resolve.

what system is it? is there a thread about that already with details?

> V.krige.py, although considered deprecated, nearly works,

says who? as far as I know this is the latest-greatest hot off the
presses version.

> but requires gstat built with grass support, and that requires
> libgis.a  But this has apparently disappeared since grass 6.0.

it has been renamed libgrass_gis.a in order to be less generic.

> Despite having an old libgis.a available, it fails to build cleanly -
> I suspect because libgis.a is an ancient and mismatched version.

yeah, don't mix and match in old versions. everything will be out of
alignment and it just won't work. Instead try to make a symlink alias to
the old name from the new name. Better yet search and replace the
library name in the gstat source code to be the new name.

Hamish