[GRASS-user] Krige surfaces in grass 6.4

kgb me at burlinson.id.au
Tue Sep 8 20:05:06 EDT 2009

Markus & grass-users

OOps - I think I have confused this deprecation. I was reading the wiki, and it is
v.surf.krige that is deprecated. Sorry.

However, v.krige reguires gstat, built with grass libraries included.
And this requires the presence of the grass static library  libgis.a.
And as far as I can tell, grass has not built this library since version 5.
So how do I build a gstat library with grass functions for v.krige without libgis.a?
(I have failed so far!)

in file config.h of gstat, there is a dependancy on libgis.a  :-

/* define if GRASS' libgis.a is present */
#define HAVE_LIBGIS 1

And this seems to control the build of either a library or only an executable.

I am unable to make a gstat library which works unless I disable grass, netcdf csf and gdal.

Kingsley Burlinson