[GRASS-user] Help needed Accessing Grass Modules through python

Bishwarup Banerjee bishwarup.banerjee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:21:06 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I am working on accessing grass functionalities through python, but I don't
know which way I should take to achieve this goal.

I have SWIG WIN, GRASS 6.3, Python 2.5, Quantum GIS 0.11, and windows XP

I want to call suppose "mapcalc" of grass from inside python.

Whether this is possible, If yes then how. Whether it can be achieved
through g.parser, SWIG or through any other way.

Thank you in advance.

I have posted the same mail in the Grass Developer list also.

Bishwarup