[GRASS-user] Very high resolution topographic map of Europe: need help and advices: UPDATE

Felix Schalck felix.schalck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:05:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I got news from the GDAL mailing list, where I posted a similar
question about that strange format I downloaded on the CCM  JRC web
page. It seems to be the new ArcGIS file geodatabase format introduced
by ESRI in ArcGIS 9.2, according to Jason Roberts and Frank Warmerdam.
The important thing here is that it is a different database format
(from .mdb or argis personal database), entirely proprietary which
cannot, as of september 2009, be read by any OGR driver. So we took
steps to contact the author/distributor of CCM data in order to have
the set distributed in another format. More on this to follow.

Regards,

Felix