[GRASS-user] Very high resolution topographic map of Europe: need help and advices: UPDATE

Felix Schalck felix.schalck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 02:18:09 EDT 2009

I frankly don't get it: the data I downloaded is definitely sort of a
database, with each entry split among 4 differents files:
<entry>.freelist,.gdbindexes,.gdbtable and .gdbtablx. ogrinfo deosn't
seem to recognise any of the different files (but maybe I don't have
the right driver compiled into (although PGEO is shown supported by
ogrinfo -f). Anyway, I read somewhere about GRASS database support,
and now I'm wondering if I don't have to import the whole fileset as a
db first. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue on how to do this, so
help would be greatly appreciated.
Besides: I already followed your advice Markus, and wrote Mr. Vogt
(whose mail is given on the CCM download page) and asked him if he
would consider publishing the data in shapefile format (or anything
else supported by GRASS).

Thanks for your time and your patience,

Felix