[GRASS-user] Problem with Grass 6.4 and R 2.9.2 on Ubuntu 9.04

Leonardo Hardtke leohardtke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:06:57 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm doing my first steps with the R-Grass interface but...

library(spgrass6)
Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
Loaded GDAL runtime: GDAL 1.6.1, released 2009/05/11
Path to GDAL shared files: /usr/share/gdal16
Loaded PROJ.4 runtime: Rel. 4.6.1, 21 August 2008
Path to PROJ.4 shared files: (autodetected)
GRASS GIS interface loaded with GRASS version: 6.4.0RC5
and location: monte
> a=readVECT6("area_estudio")
ERROR: Incompatible library version for module. You need to rebuild GRASS
       or untangle multiple installations.

I installed grass65 from source, is this the problem? How do I fix it?
Thanks!

--
Lic. Leonardo A. Hardtke
Laboratorio de Teledetección y S.I.G.