[GRASS-user] How to get perimeter?

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 03:39:46 EDT 2009

Hi List,

I'm searching for a way to delineate the perimeter of an area in a
raster map. The area is like the result of r.clump, so it is
caracterized by a integer number in the raster map. I have no problem in
trasforming the raster map in vector with r.to.vect, but the vector is
an area, not a line. I need to know the lenght of the contour of the
areas. What is the best way to obtain that?

Thank you in advance

Margherita

--
Eng. Margherita Di Leo
Ph.D. Student

University of Basilicata
Campus Macchia Romana
85100 - Potenza
Italy

Office: +39-0971205363
Fax: +39-0971205160
E-mail: dileomargherita AT gmail DOT com
Skype: dileomargherita