[GRASS-user] Re: Exporting attributes to GMT ASCII format using v.out.ogr

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 15:35:49 EDT 2009

Hamish:
> > I would ask if it acts any differently in latest grass
> > 6.5 or 7 svn builds? (6.5 change may be reverted as it may
> > break backwards compatibility / expected behaviour)

Eric:
> Which change are you referring to? I'm using the latest
> 6.5.svn, and all seems to run smoothly.

make that "in new cases make things better, but subtly break backwards compatibility / expected behaviour in existing scripts."
ie an old script for 6.x should produce the same output as a new script at the cost of the default action not being as nice.
I don't really know if this is just hypothetical or if it could really screw somebody up. (ie if it matters or not)

r39128
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass/branches/develbranch_6/vector/v.out.ogr

Hamish